Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#writeyourselfalive #writeordie #30daysofwriting

My first month as a stay-at-home Mom.  With Andrew working 15-20 hour days and nights.  I decide to sign up for an online creative writing course with two brilliant poets/authors/artists I became familiar with via social media.  It is more than writing, it is therapy.  I am writing again.  And it feels like breathing.  It feels like home.  And it is beefing up this often defunct and gun-shy blog.  Bang bang bitches.  I'm fired up and firing out one entry after another.  Here are a couple of intros I had to write for the course.  It was hard to sum it all up in something so short but HI.  MY NAME'S TESS.  AND I'M A WRITER.

"Hi, I’m Tess, I’ve been writing since I was 7 years old on my parents’ old typewriters. Writing is my heart and soul and passion but I’ve also always been afraid to fail at what has always been my dream. I’ve kept it such a secret from so many and am so reluctant to share it. As such, I haven’t committed a discipline or practice to nurture my writing; I often put it all on pause and regret never expressing myself in the way I love the most. Instead, I’ve let life in general and a crazy non-stop television production job that is 24/7 WORK WORK WORK consume me, and now on top of it all, I am beyond busy with my first child, a beautiful baby girl. I’m sick of the excuses and don’t want any more time to pass without writing in my life. Thank you for creating this opportunity of cultivating creativity. Quite simply, thank you for creating. I’m so ready to write myself alive. Without writing, I really feel like I haven’t been living at all. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you."


BIOGRAPHY:
Tess Gamboa is an Executive Producer of non-scripted/reality television.  She has enjoyed professional and personal adventures for nearly 20 years, on-camera and off-camera, on-location, on the road, traveling the world and producing for such networks as Bravo, Lifetime, ABC, E!, VH1, MTV and FOX.  Tess has recently premiered her greatest production yet:  a brand new baby girl!  She lives with her husband Andrew, her daughter Elyse and her two dogs Sequoia and Jack Hammer in Los Angeles, California.  This year, Tess feels blessed that her two lifelong dreams have come true: to be a mother … and a writer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment