Friday, February 13, 2015

"In Vino Veritas"

Writing Prompt: Write an entire poem the way Tyler Knott Gregson www.tylerknott.com writes them, (even if poetry isn't your usual style, push yourself outside the box) in which you are not allowed to edit a single line once it's down.  No changing words, no revising the order, nothing.  Create snapshots of moments instead of perfectly edited poetic masterpieces.

WWTKGD - Write a poem like Tyler?! Ha. Here's my attempt. PS Usually, when I write, I have some, um liquid courage, in the form of glass(es) of wine. Ironically, tonight, I wrote this and was drinking only water.







"In Vino Veritas"

You are a rare vintage
Vine-ripened to savor
The sweet flavor
Of love's swirl on my palate

You are of full body
And strong finish
And your thick legs
Prove you are potent

You are a slow sip
And no one would dare
Spit you out
And so I swallow you
Intoxicated
Inebriated
"In vino veritas"


-tess gamboa

No comments:

Post a Comment