Thursday, February 12, 2015

Black Out Poetry

Writing Prompt:   Grab the nearest "broken book" to you, a new Sharpie or pen of your choice, and make new poetry out of ONLY the words on the page.  Black out the other words you don't use or choose.  By removing the pressure of having every word in the English language at your disposal, it frees your mind up to create without the burden of such choice. Start with 1 page, then try to write 5. 

Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
page 149 

(This exercise was definitely WAY harder than I thought.  Also, this book is sacred to me with my own notes in it -- haha -- 
so I just color copied the page and blacked out that way…)


"I exhale … surrounded by grace.
…You just got a taste of love.
…But a true soul mate is a mirror … that you needed to …
…show you your obstacles and addictions, …light could make you so desperate … but now it's over. … accept … the dump, baby -"




No comments:

Post a Comment